Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Episode 18: Malware, More Spying and Creationism

Today we talk about malware and some interesting uses of technology in spying on people...an ongoing theme from last week. Then we veer into the territory of religion when discussing the Bill Nye and Ken Ham debate.

Direct Download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/geekingafterdark/Geeking_After_Dark_18.mp3

Show notes:
  • Voretaq7 gives some feedback on last week's copyright on images discussion, regarding meme use
  • Is being a (court) lawyer just theater+debate?
  • Skeptics Guide to the Universe: should ISP's force customers to use antivirus software?
  • Would antivirus stop malware?
  • The AV software included in the OS's tend to suck (for political reasons)
  • Malware mining bitcoins?
  • ISP's injecting tracking code into your web browsing without your permission (news link)
  • Spying on your computer using radio waves? (news link)
  • Techniques for spying on people's computers and phones
  • Being off-grid makes you an anomaly that attracts attention now
  • Digital footprints and interview candidates
  • Sochi reporter hacked! (nope)
  • Viruses that spread using computer speakers?
  • Bill Nye and Ken Ham debate (view the video here)
  • We get into a bit of religion
  • The ark could NOT have happened
  • Pete says True Blood has T&A and Bart should watch it

2 comments:

  1. The point is that I have a right to believe what I believe about God. I think I believe in God a little bit more than Pete and a lot more than Bart. I'm not taking any chances about where I end up when I die. I think the Bible is interpreted any way a person wants it to be. I don't think we understand the time element involved. Unlike Bart, I believe in miracles. Maybe not as dramatic as those mentioned in the Bible. I think science and the Bible can be one in many ways. I enjoyed the Podcast and was amazed that Bart tackled religion. I will continue praying because I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I love Bill Nye and the way he presents himself as an educator.

    ReplyDelete